Home » Initiatives » Criteria for submissions
- Scotland based.
- Any age.
- 1 script per playwright.
- Scripts must be in English.
- Work must be typed and submitted in .doc (not .docx) format.
- The submission should be a minimum of 10 pages and this can be either a complete play or part of one, but not individual sketches
- The play should be an exclusive submission to this programme at the time of applying, and remain as such through the duration of the programme. We commit to giving you a firm decision no more than 5 weeks after the closing submission date in case you wish to submit the same script to other programmes.
- Playwrights do not need to have been previously produced.
- The submitted work should not previously have been performed professionally.
- The work should not previously have been part of any other mentoring programme.
- Any genres EXCEPT musicals, childrens’ and panto.
- Play needs to be a standalone work and not be part of a series.
- The submission must include a completed Submission Form available at www.siegeperilous.co.uk/Initiatives/Apply.
- Duration of play – approximately 30-60 minutes (30-60 printed pages) requiring no more than 5 actors but doubling up is fine.
- The playwright should demonstrate they are receptive and open to receiving feedback.
- The playwright must be willing and able to make changes to scripts as guided by the writer-in-residence (WIR).
- The playwright must be able to commit the time for 3 x 1-hour one-to-one meetings with the WIR in Edinburgh (or via Skype), 3 x Group sessions in Edinburgh, rewrites and a possible workshop in Edinburgh, across a 6-month period between November 2012-March 2013
- The playwright must be able to meet their own expenses.
- Final versions of completed scripts from each of the 6 participants can, with the express permission of the playwrights, be distributed to the other programme participants.